Found Tool in Engine Compartment

Aren’t a tuning wrench and a screwdiver two different animals? Wouldn’t most garages have more than one screwdriver? You can’t just go to Ace Hardware and buy a tuning wrench.

To the OP: Why waste your time, esp. since you said " I could only guess " regarding the origin of the screwdiver?

The polite and courteous thing to do would be to return to the garage and see if someone can identify the screwdriver as theirs. The mechanic will appreciate it a lot. If you are concerned, ask them to give your car a once-over to ensure no damage was done. The screwdriver belongs to someone who needs it to do their job, and if it says Snap-On, Matco, or Mac on it, they paid a lot of money for it. I once left a $300 Matco jump starter in the backseat of a customer’s car, and I can tell you I was very happy to see that one come back. They returned to the shop the same day, before I even realized it was missing.

It is very easy to leave your jump box in the car you are jumping, you are not the first one to do this

Subaru forester 2020
Hello everybody. My air-conditioning abruptly stopped working. I took it to the dealership due to warranty. They claim they found tools in my engine due to the last oil change company. It destroyed the air conditioning unit, the repairs cost $1400. I couldn’t afford it and when they returned the vehicle it sort of worked. 2 weeks later it stopped.

Can someone possibly explain how they made it work if the unit was destroyed?

Do you have pictures of the tool and damage to show the lube shop? If pliers fall into the cooling fan, this could cause very high a/c system pressures. Perhaps a tool rubbed a hole in a refrigerant line.

What is the air conditioning unit? Compressor? Did they provide a part number for reference?

I’ve been wondering what happened for over 13 years. If valuable take it back. If no damage after ten years forget about it. Plumber left his battery tool and charger so I just called him. I found a screw driver I lost a couple years before. The handle had melted a little which is my favorite now for the improved grip. And since Volvo is on break, brake.

When I found a tool in the engine compartment (prior to my becoming a driveway diy’er) I’d return it the next time I was in the area. I think this engendered good feelings for me at the shop, got some discounts on future work. I find various tools laying in the road quite frequently during pedestrian/bicycling, probably fell out of engine compartments. I recently found one drill bit laying in the gutter, maybe 3/8 inch, seems to be made of the strongest material known to man, drills forever, even through metals, never gets dull. I wish I knew the brand name, I’d buy a set.