Ford Ranger potential blown engine. PLEASE HELP!

Okay everyone, it was a blown engine and a new engine was required. I had a mechanic put in jasper engine for around 3800.00 (ouch, I know). It was a catastrophic failure of some sorts as all my fluid was indeed out of the radiator and fluid levels and temperature readings were normal earlier in the day. The engine comes with a three year, 100,000 mile warranty so that was a huge plus when deciding to go this route. The rest of the truck is in great condition and I do love the vehicle, another reason I decided to go with this option. I am due to pick up the truck today and I just wanted to say thank you to all those that commented and helped with this. I will surely come here again for more help in the future and suggest this as an option for anyone else looking for quick answers and advice. Thanks again everyone, I’ll update this posting again once more when I have the vehicle back later today.

Sorry to hear about the wallethurt but you should be set for a while after this. Good luck with it.

Yes, it was a hurt to the wallet for sure. But hey, I finally got my truck back with new Jasper engine installed, AC fresh recharge, hoses, belts, oil cooler, fuel pump, the whole works was replaced and the truck is running perfect now. It was an expensive lesson to learn but if my vehicle ever acts up again, or ever I get the suspicion that something is wrong, I will not drive another inch until the problem is diagnosed and fixed. From something that seemed like a minor hiccup, it ended up costing me big. Any other questions or comments anyone has I would be happy to respond to, thanks again all for your assistance and feed back, this is an incredibly knowledgeable community and I will be using it again in the future, that I guarantee.
-Rangerdanger

Thanks sincerely for the followup and the kind words. We so rarely hear the final results. It feels great when we do. Sorry about the motor. Hope the new one works out well. We’re rootin’ for you.

If it will provide some solace you could look at it this way. The engine cost you big but the truck is running fine and should do so for many years if taken care of.

Weigh that engine cost against the vast number of people who are debt over their head on a near new car and are losing more than that in depreciation and interest payments.
There’s also a percentage of them who owe, owe, owe, and are suffering engine problems much more expensive than yours.

The regulars here may remember the lady whose husband toyed around with their brand new Ford diesel pickup and trashed the engine in it; to the tune of 12+ grand or so.
Feel better? :slight_smile:

Hahaha, yes ok4450, I feel better, it’s been a couple of months and the ranger is still running nice, checking fluids like clock work to make sure it stays that way. I do have a problem with the 4-wheel now but that is not an issue that affects the normal everyday driving I do with the vehicle. Thanks again everyone for your support and suggestions, they were a huge part of my decision to make the repairs. If anyone can help with my 4x4 issue the thread can be found at the link below.

Bing, he said it had not cranked since it died, it is not clear if it has cranked over or not.