Ford "experimental" transmission trouble

I believe I did answer your question in an earlier post, but to be more specific-- my car is serviced by my local garage. A well-known, trusted, privately owned garage. The owner happens to be a “Chevy man” but that is beside the point. I’ve always taken care of my car with scheduled oil changes, tire rotation, new brakes (which is now being reimbursed to me - FYI), new tires…

Just a message to all of you who were kind enough to help out…I had my car repaired and I intend to go after Ford for reimbursement. I have an excessive amount of miles for a 2 year old vehicle so I’m sure this is just the beginning of Ford’s troubles.

Anyway, thank you again & I will let you know how things turn out.

I see that you did come back in on a previous post and mentioned the car was serviced by a local garage.

It is still unknown to me, unless I lost it in all of this, as to whether the transmission has been serviced by this other shop. It is also unknown to me what type of fluid was used if the trans was serviced.

If an independent shop HAS been servicing this transmission, as per the comment in the original post, then Ford is not going to stand behind a transmission that may have been potentially (Potentially I said) messed up by someone else.

You seem to be very offended by the simple act of the Ford dealer just asking you where you got your car serviced.
WHY did they ask you this? Because every day dealers will see cars that are routinely screwed up and the owners now want warranty to cover the problem; be it transmission, engine, or any one of a thousand other things.

And no, I don’t work for Ford and never have in any way, shape, or form, although I used to do some contract work for a Ford dealer outside of the dealership.

Just curious, but why are your brake repair expenses being reimbursed? Problem?

Not to get into a Ford-bashing thread, but 50,000 miles is not an unheard of failure date for a regular Ford transmission. If Ford doesn’t reimburse people with regular transmissions that fail at that age, what makes you think they will for the CVT?

Really $2,200 is pretty cheap to be resolving a major transmission issue. I’d say that after you do get it fixed, there’s no particular reason to worry about it-- the CVT’s clearly aren’t having epidemic problems-- but if you’re uncomfortable with the newer technology, perhaps you should consider getting it fixed and then selling it in favor of a vehicle with a conventional transmission.

In response to Mr_Josh, I’d ordinarilly agree with the “drive it into the ground” assesment, but it sounds like this is a repair, not a total overhaul. It may be that if she doesn’t get this fixed, she’ll have to rebuild or replace the whole unit, which I would guess would cost a lot more than 2,200.