Ford contour timing belt replaced

After i just had my Contour timing belt replaced I started having problems with rough idling.The mechanic I took it too said tokeep putting BG 44 K fuel injector cleaner which I have been doing but all it really did was to quiet it down but it still doesn’t idle quite right.The mechanics take on it was that it was starved for fuel and he reccomnded getting my fuel injectors cleaned which I haven’t had done yet.Could the fuel filter be bador what else could account for the rough idling?

thx for any suggestions!!

Key Word = After.

You Said, “After i just had my Contour timing belt replaced I started having problems with rough idling.”

Was it idling fine when you took it in for the belt replacement ?
Was maintenance of replacing the belt the only reason you took it in there?
Was the rough idle immediate from the second you picked up the car or did some time lapse before it started ?

It should be running just the same immediately after the belt replacement, not idling roughly.

CSA

I agree with CSA. If the problem started after the timing belt work and was not there before, well then it almost certainly is related to something as a part of or caused by the timing belt work.

If it did not have the timing belt connection (note it is possible that it just happened to start after the timing belt work) then I would start with the fuel filter.