Flat Tire Inflation Kit OK?

These threads can be used for reference by others. It’s best to keep them clean without comments that reveal no useful information.

Scary, isn’t it? :laughing:

If it were relevant to a current conversation I’d suspect that you erected it for that purpose.
But it isn’t. So I have to suspect you’ve made the same error many of us have, myself included, and accidently erected an old thread. :relaxed: No biggie.

That would be a first. As for using old threads for reference , if that were true there would not be so many that ask: what kind of car should I buy-what kind of oil, tires, wiper blades, grade of fuel and other questions.

TSMB Quote: “So I have to suspect you’ve made the same error many of us have, myself included, and accidently erected an old thread. :relaxed: No biggie.” Unquote

No error, the reply was intended. The thread appeared in my email inbox with a link to get there so I replied.

Nothing personal but I have set my notifications so I don’t get email from forums. I get enough junk as it is.

Interesting, someone was reading my mind and revived the thread.

I have recently bought a brand new Hyundai Veloster (I rarely have bought new cars, hence the stress!). It does not have a jack or a spare, just the inflation kit and the goop. There is room in the trunk for the spare and they do sell the whole thing online for ~ $270 + shipping. I know I have Hyundai roadside assistance for 5 years and this is my daily commute car so don’t go out of town with it. For now I am going to wait and see if I find a cheaper option from a junkyard/etc.

On a similar note, I hate to accumulate junk and if/when I buy the spare and the jack, then I will have to put the other stuff in my garage which is just going to take up valuable space.

Last flat I had, 22 years ago busted a lug bolt, called aaa, they busted another lug bolt, then got towed. Spare tire mechanism on my trailblazer broke, nail in sidewall prompted spare need. Drove on 14 year old spare, and I am passing on replacing spare and $120 mechanism.

[quote=“the_same_mountainbik, post:19, topic:7226, full:true”]
Yet another ancient (10 year old) thread comes back from the dead. :scream:
[/quote]The resurrection was done by the OP. But for what reason, I can’t really fathom.