First truck, first mechanical project. Halp!

Many years ago I rebuilt the engine on an early 80s Toyota pickup for a neighbor. Several years later he traded it for a new Toyota with a V-6. One day I stopped to speak and saw the old truck in his back yard. He had gone back to the dealer and bought his old truck back for a “spare.” He just couldn’t let it go after so many years of reliable service. He drove the old truck to haul things and the new truck for daily transportation. The neighbor died over the winter. Someone drove the old truck away.

I see some coolant on the bottom of the alternator…or is that what you mentioned you spilled.

I guess that you’ll get some experience, learning what it what and how to get your hands dirty.

At least it’s a simple truck and lots of room to work in the engine compartment.

My hats off to you for trying, I’d just like you to examine it good for safety issues.

Yosemite

does this truck have a separate voltage regulator or is it in the alt. ?

I will absolutely check the structural stuff and the rest of the truck per you alls advice. I’ve wrapped it up for the day but will report back when I’ve got more to share.

Oh! FYI, it turns out coconut oil works amazingly to get grime off of the skin.

Also thank you all for the ad ice and encouragement, I don’t know what I would have done without you!

@Zeeboid‌

Are those Ford Aerostar rims?

@db4690, it very well could be. The Toyota 5-lug on my truck was the same as small pattern Ford 5-lug. Toyota rims have a lot more backspacing, tho.

They actually look pretty decent on that Toyota truck