Erratic Stop/Turning Tail Light

Buick Reatta tail light assembly has ten wing nuts to gain access to the tail light asssembly. Difficult to get at. Tail light assembly has six (6) double filament 2057 bulbs. One bulb is erratic when operating the turn signal. Bulb is OK in the static mode. Bulb erratic when operating the turn signal.Sometimes it works, other time I can only get it to work by striking the car with my hand. All other bulbs work fine. Could this be a problem with one of the bulb’s filament, or should I look for something else?

Check the socket and the bulb for cleanliness and good contact. If there’s any corrosion in the socket clean it up. It sounds like both filaments are OK. Also check the wiring connections to the socket in question.

I’d Take Off All Ten Wing Nuts And Put In A New Bulb!

I think the higher-watt stop / turn filament could be flopping around in the bulb. The other lower-watt filament is still intact. With six bulbs in there, you need practice removing and replacing the tail light assembly, anyhow. I’d go for the easiest(?), cheapest repair attempt first, a good old 2057!

Let us know what happens. It’ll either fix it, or I’ll apologize, and someone can help you from there.

I think the higher-watt stop / turn filament could be flopping around in the bulb.

So do I.