Engine pitch

Hey um I own a stock 85 chevy caprice and I just got her back from the mechanic after having the radiator gasket replaced soon after it started stalling all over the place for no apparent reason so I brought it back now the mechanic is by no way the best in fact I only went to him because I had no choice so Now I had them fix what they broke now They said it was because of all the rain that I got anyway they let it dry and it was still stalling they checked the air intake and said that they might have to change the idle they did and I took it home now it still doesn’t work it still stall so I pop the hood and check what they “fixed” now first thing was the air filter and it looked like a t year olds dirty diaper I changed it second was that the air pipe that leads from the filter container to the of the engine WASN’T connected so I connected that and gave the gas tank a bottle o dry gas Rand the stalling stopped so Now when I give it gas the engine sounds off just off pitch is it the idle that’s changed or something else either way the idle is getting changed back to normal cause those dumbasses don’t know what the he’ll they’re doin then after they finish I’m NEVER going there again

In summary engine sounds off pitch when I accelerate is the idle being changed or something else??

That is the longest single sentence I have ever read…

Hey um I own a stock 85 chevy caprice…I should have quit right there.

I am sure I have done worse single sentences than that, I am working on improving though I cannot estimate a date or definitive finial moment where my sentences are sentences rather than a long convoluted string of unrelated ideas that relate to each other even if they don’t.

That being said ;-), What in tarnation is a radiator gasket?

I’m glad that I’m not the only one who is confused by this post.

Between a string of words that are a candidate for World’s Longest Run-on Sentence, and terms like “radiator gasket” and “Rand the stalling stopped”, I just don’t know what to make of this.

OP–If you could re-post this in conventional English, you might get some helpful responses.

Sorry well aparrently one of the gaskets on my car was dry rotted and got replaced after I got my car back it started stalling on me irratically so I took and had them take a look they said it was because of all of the rain that I got that whole day then he said it might be the idle so he adjusted it so now It doesn’t stall but the engine sound off like off pitch or something I’m just wondering if it is the idle or something else

You still haven’t added any sentence definition other than summarize what you said above. Try periods.(…)

Moisture related problems are often associated with the need for replacement plug wires.

By now, all '85 Chevy Caprices need to have EVERYTHING replaced…

I know but that’s not the point of my question I was asking if changing the idle setting would change the sound profile at all it just sounds like I’m over powering the engine when I’m driving it doesn’t matter I’ll just have the mechanic change it back

ps: waterboy thanks for the tip on the wire plugs I’ll see what I can do.

Sometimes it pays to just give a chuckle, probably some college kids having fun here.

;-))

well all i was asking was if changing the idle setting on my car would change the way the engine sounds slightly or is it something serious.

and an update the car is still stalling so im going to take it to a new shop and get her tuned up and see if they can fix it or not

dang dryrot/stupid gasket EVERYTHING WAS WORKING AND RUNNING PERFECTLY FINE UNTIL THAT FREAKING RADIATOR STARTED LEAKING. THEN THE WHOLE TOP OF THE ENGINE HAD TO BE TAKEN OFF TO PUT THE GASKET BACK ON AND NOW AFTER ALL OF THAT CRAP THE CAR IS STILL STALLING AND STUTTERING. oh…

also the car when im at a dead stop like at a red light or something when i push the gas it will stutter like its about to stall then it will go forward and before the gasket was replaced/DEFILED!!! it didnt stutter or stall … damn gasket…incompetent mechanics mumble grumble…piss n moan… aggrivation