Engine Oil Rinse?

I know one guy who will do a fill up of trans fluid, run a few hundred miles, and replace with oil. I also know a retired truck driver who insists on an extra quart of oil after a change, I have found regular oil changes to be sufficient, with the proper amount of oil of course.

I hear ya @vdcdriver at least Montana is stupider, with a bill to allow corporations to vote in municipal elections.

If you do not think corporations are people, https://movetoamend.org/ and get active. BP was accused of manslaughter, http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/01/29/170572924/judge-approves-bps-manslaughter-plea-in-2010-gulf-oil-spill no jail time just fines.

Waitaminute!!

Everyone knows the only way to flush out your engine oil is to connect a garden hose to the oil filler tube, then remove the drain plug and turn the water on full blast.

You can only do that one time however.

The next step after that procedure is to replace your engine… : )

@texases Thanks for the correction. Still nuttier!! Before we had detergent oils, you could buy engine flushes, such as Rislone and run the engine for certain length of time to collect the crud, then drain it all and fill up with fresh oil.

Frequent oil changes with a good oil that’s warm when drained leaves virtually nothing behind.

I do have issue with fast oil change places; they hardly wait for the oil to drain out before reinserting the plug. When I do oil changes, I give it 5 minutes or so to drain those last drops.

Maybe I just read it differently but it sounded to me like after draining the oil, he was using the fresh oil left over from the last five qt jug, and just running it through the engine. Not used oil, and not starting it, but just pouring it through to clean it out. Actually I have done this with a small engine to get all of the old residue out of the block.

Nope he’s running it:

“Unfortunately, he’s doing exactly what I described … draining the 3.5-ish quarts in the engine, replacing it with a total 1.5 quarts fresh oil, running it for 5 minutes, then draining that out and putting in a fresh 3.5 quarts + new oil filter.”