Engine light situatuion

My 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage De 1.5 Liter has the engine light lit and I checked the code which appears as P0135. It appears into the scanner 02 Heater circuit Bank1 Sensor 1. I changed the top oxygen sensor, checked for the wires, cleaned the connections and everything appeared to be fine. I erased the code with my scanner and the engine light went off. I started the car, and then after a few minutes, the engine light went back on. Does anyone know what the problem is or what can be done to stop it?

An answer would be much appreciated. Thanks.

What does your code reader say now?

the same thing showed up

the code is p0135

the same showed up { P0135 }

my 1997 mitsubish mirage de 1.5 has the engine ligth lit and i checked the code which appears as p0135 .it appears into the scanner 02 heater circuit bank 1 sensor1.i changed the tpo oxygen sensor,i checked for wires ,cleaned the connections and everything seems to be fine.i erased the code with my scanner and the engine litgt went off .i started the car,and then after a few minutes,the engine light went back on.does anyone know what the problem is or what can be done to stop it?

You checked the continuity on the wires. Did you have battery voltage at one of the heater wires? Was the resistance on the heating element of the replaced O2 sensor infinity? Do you have the correct resistance on the heater element of the new O2 sensor?

Can your scanner read the output signel of O2 Bank 1, Sensor 1? See if the signel starts getting active within the appropriate time after starting.