Engine light on and off

I have a '05 LR3 HSE. I noticed that when the gas tank lower to about 3/4 tank, the engine light goes on. And when the gas tank lower further to 1/4 tank, the engine light goes off. This cycle keeps repeating itself for about a month now. I appreciate your help!

Why make completely wild guesses? Get the OBD-II codes read and then post them here. Then we can make slightly educated guesses, or tell you what tests to run to determine the actual problem.

The OBD-II code said it has something to do with the airflow sensor…

Buy a can of Mass Air Flow Sensor cleaner and give it a shot but I don’t see how this is related to the level of gas in the tank.

Is your gas cap always put on tight enough?

That CEL (check engine light) is just a kid in class waving her hand trying to get you attention because she has the answer. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code (like P0123) not just their translation into English and post it back here.

Get the actual code (as in Pxxxx) and post that.

I will make sure the gas cap is tight to see if it goes away. I’ll keep you posted in the next few day. Thanks!