Emergency how to disable airbag on 3 expedition

I am on the road right now, returning home from evacuating from Gustav. My 3 year old is getting terribly car sick in her car seat in the back of my 03 expedition. I can’t find my manual, and don’t know how to disable the passenger airbag so that I can move her car seat to the front to lessen the car sickness, vomiting…etc.

HELP PLEASE

Pull all the fuses labeled “air bag” or “SRS”. You’ll know you’ve got it when the warning light comes on in the dash. Be sure to replace the fuse(s) when things settle down.

Good luck to you. I hope you and yours are safe, and your belongings intact.

I can understand your dilemma, but putting a 3 year old in the front seat is courting a disaster not to mention a possibility of a stiff fine.

I would take her to a emergency clinic (hospital or walk-in) and find the reason for the vomiting,etc.

If you are certain car-sickness IS the reason for the problems, why take her in the vehicle again? Did she throw up the last time?

Like NYBo suggested,“be sure to replace the fuse”. All the air bags are inoperative (disabled) with the fuse pulled, and that includes yours.

I can understand your dilemma, but putting a 3 year old in the front seat is courting a disaster not to mention a possibility of a stiff fine.

It most states is NOT against the law as long as the airbag is disabled.

Did she throw up the last time?

My middle child was fine in the car/truck…UNLESS we took a long trip. Anything under a couple of hours…NO PROBLEM…But longer then that…he got sick.

OK, too many differences between states and provinces.

Motion sickness I guess. Have you tried giving then Gravol(sp?)?
I’m not sure if it is safe for little children though.