Electrical Nightmare

Another possibility is worn insulation on a wire or cable. Since it seems to be when you hit the brake pedal try looking at all the wiring on both sides of the firewall working the pedal to see if anything wiring is moving or getting shorted out when you hit the brake. Also I would recommend a very close inspection of the positive cables anywhere they come close to the engine or frame for signs of wear on the jacket.

Confirmed…there is a ton of corrosion behind both of the covers. I’ll have to wait until my finances allow for these to be changed… Thanks!

Anyone have a rough idea as to what these would cost? Both the pos and neg, as well as the fusible links.

LOL…ok, that makes sense. Sorry, was brain dead, but I’ll look into this too…

Hmmm…I dont think that is the problem here, but a friend of mine contacted me today with that exact issue. I’ll look into hers with this in mind. She’s also replaced her battery, alternator, starter, etc, and now her van has just quit again… Thanks for this BK…

True! I’m leaning towards just replacing the battery cables all together, including the fusible links. At the least, it wont make it any worse, and with the milage on my truck…there’s no telling what these cables have been through… Thanks

I considered this today, and added an extra plastic washer as a just in caser, and still no joy.

The amp wiring was one of the first things i checked. The enitre length of the positive and negative leads are in tact and in good repair, but as a just in caser, I removed the fuse feeding the amp, and the problem still exists…

Replacing the main battery cables is on my list of to do’s anyways, however, they dont show any signs of worn insulation for the positive or negative leads. In fact, the only thing visible is the corrosion, but that was cleaned once already, and not even a little improvement was made.

As far as the wiring around the pedal, there is only a single three wire bundle that even comes in contact, and it has no wear signs at all. The wires running through the firewall (as best as i can see anyways) are clustered together in a huge bundle that is fed from the computer/fuse/relay blocks and they are protected by a rubber gromit as they pass through the firewall. Neither the gromit nor the wires appear to show any signs of damage…