Electric Car Noise Is Becoming A Problem!

Sound ?
Dear pedestrian,
This is a street, there are cars driving here ! Pay attention, look and see, co-ordinate your moves with theirs.

Sound ?
Manufacturers have successfully engineered the muffler systems on massive numbers of internal combustion engine vehicles…for the express purpose of QUIET ! And now you want to make noise ?

In my repair garage there are many normal gas engine vehicles that you don’t realize are even idling.

I pointed that out 2 days ago (the low noise part) and you get the five stars, life isn’t fair.

Yes, although the point appears to need reiterated.

There you go. Feel better?

Can they “ignore” the sounds of the tires? Because they make the most noise.

I work on a university campus. Due to the number of devices that pedestrians plug in to their ears, there is no hope. Either they are on a cell or ipod or whatever they just do not look when crossing the road period. Adding noise to a quiet car makes no difference to these people. Looking when crossing the road is the issue. Dont look expect to get clipped. After all a road is primarily for cars and trucks not pedestrians. They just have to respect that by LOOKING where they are going. Blind people who do not have hearing loss usually listen for the tire noise which is distinct to all tire vehicles. They also use intersections with audible crossing signals. Finally unless you live in a district with a population of blind people it is a pretty rare issue. A good friend of mine(who happens to be blind) shared her issues with me on this very topic.