Eclipse Traffice?

For those of us missing the eclipse.

We and a couple of friends visiting the cabins took the boat out to the middle of the lake and watched with eclipse glasses, 80% coverage, but it looked like more. Did not notice too much of a shadow, but the character of the light seemed to change. The only boat in use at the time, peaceful time.
There is a road called Hole in the Day, that was what the Indians called an eclipse the story goes.

We went to Cookville, TN. It was in the center of the path of totality and had the best weather forecast in the area for me. Getting there wasn’t too bad, made it in under 4 hours which is normal. The way back however was like a drive across a 230 mile long parking lot. I-40 was jammed. Worse I have ever seen.

Totality was awesome. This has been a lifelong dream for me and I was not disappointed. I wish I could download the video I took of it here.

I hiked all of 60 feet to my next door neighbor’s back yard and shared the 100% totality with them. It was incredible. For once I was in the right place at the right time.

Bro took this pic. Corona here looks ~2 times bigger than with naked eye, probably because the camera can “see” some infrared.