Eclipse GSX vs Mitsu Evo

Eclipse = civic
Evo = wrx
3000-sl = front drive Camaro
Title does not ask about vr4. At first
A 3000-sl is not a vr4.

Stock for stock the 3k wins. The AWD DSM cars were for the North American market and consequently had to meet U.S. emissions regulations. They had the same engine as the Evo of the same time period, but the JDM Evo of the time (The U.S. didn’t get the Evo until around 2003) was tuned for considerably more power than the DSM cars. So it would be very close to the 3k, But you’re also comparing a JDM spec car to a U.S. spec car.

The later 3000 GT’s with the 6 speed and more power should be marginally faster than the JDM Evo of the same time vintage. I liked the 3000GT/Stealth R/T Turbo, but I would never own either one on account of their staggeringly high upkeep costs. Interesting cars that were ahead of of their times though.

2nd. The mid engine layout is fun and fairly rare, and combining that with RWD makes cornering a lot more entertaining. Plus I can take the roof panels off. :wink:

And the engine was common enough that I can still get parts for it without too much headache despite it being 26 years old, though that’s starting to change.

Where did you get that idea?? Transverse twin-turbo AWD V6 is a front drive Camaro? A rwd, V8 musclecar?

FWIW
 The 4th Gen Camaro and Firebird were darn near transverse V6 FWD cars. Fortunately forces within GM euthanized that project in the alpha-development phase!

I said 3000-sl. Lower form of spec than a vr-4.
218hp. 3200 lbs.

I’m talking about the AWD DSM eclipse, AWD vr4 and AWD Lancer which equals an Evo. The disrespect is real for you lol to compare a AWD turbo car to a Civic (not bashing Honda) and evos have always in my opinion been more superior to WRX/Sti. The vr4 is a JDM legend and is up there with the supras, rx7s, gtrs, Nsx, and 300zx.

What about snap oversteer ? Also v6 or turbo 4cylinder?

I agree with you but any 20-25 year car with poor maintenance from previous owners will not last long for anyone. Good upkeep of the engine will help keep cars like this around but most people just abuse them and then dump then and then the next person complains why maintenance sucks.

Isnt the Terminator a classic/legend that will never get old among Mustangs? It also doesn’t have IRS so that doesn’t help with handling as well. What about the gt500 and boss 302 both fro r he’s y with big blowers

Only the 7 bolt had crankwalk not the 6 bolt . It’s also because of poor maintenance and not upgrading internals. Unfortunately not ever car is a Supra (2jz) to where boost is almost unlimited to where stock everything still works

Wasn’t the vr4 the same size as a gtr and nsx and 300zx and Supra??? Heavier yes but the Supra and 300X weren’t light on there feet either

James , no need to reply to each person. All of your posts are seen by everyone .

The problem was that even in their heyday with technology that was way ahead it’s time (active aero, active exhaust, etc.) they were not reliable cars., and they were sold in relatively few numbers so there wasn’t much aftermarket to support them. You had to use OEM parts for all the specialty bits, and once Mitsubishi stopped making replacement parts, you had real problem on your hands. By comparison if you look at a 90’s Civic, to this day you will have zero problems finding any part for them, and most of the time you’ll several aftermarket choices available for any single part you need. With the 3k/Stealth that’s not the case at all.

It is a classic, just not one of my favorites for all the reasons I listed. It is the best Fox chassis but still a Fox. The S197 solid axle car has great balance. The GT500 is a front heavy car that goes like stink but struggles to stop and turn. The 2012 Boss 302 is an excellent car. Earlier ones depend on the yea

It all depends on what you want your car to do. Show and Shine, autocrosser, track day car or dragstrip dancer, or Cars and Coffee Pedestrian Eliminator.

The MR2 didn’t come with a V6. Snap oversteer is grossly overreported. Basically, people who sucked at driving pushed the car too hard for their ability, spun, and then blamed the car rather than their poor driving skills. Unfortunately that meant that Toyota dumbed down the suspension in 1993, so it wasn’t quite as nimble as the 91/92 cars. Still very good, though.

Whats the main difference between a front engine rwd car vs mid engine rwd car other than engine location?

weight distribution mostly. if you discount the fact that <2019 vettes are well balanced. are we talking about vettes in this thread?