Dumb and Dumber Questions

You sound like central Ohio.

Our friend, Otterhere, finally bought her new car a couple of months ago. Thus, I doubt that she is still looking for answers to these questions that she posed in August.

Yup. Marion to be exact

I agree - definitely not dumb questions. Wish I’d asked before I bought a new car. And not just the exterior stickers/decal…I bought my first car the night before I started med school & was so excited about everything, I didn’t notice all the stickers on it…It had several interior stickers on the seats which they didn’t bother to remove, and I thought “No problem, I’ll just do it.” However, that car had been sitting all summer in the AZ desert, and the stickers were firmly melted into the seats. They’re still there! And I didn’t notice the dealer decal either. Now, having gotten terrible service from that dealership (refusing to fix things that are clearly on the warranty), I’m ticked I have to be a driving advertisement for them! :slight_smile: Next time they’re taking all that stuff off before I leave the lot, and maybe if they actually honor their side of the bargain (i.e. the warranty), then after X number of years they can put it back on. :slight_smile:

Then What Am I Doing?

Get some seat covers and cover up those decals on the seats, then follow the advice on here about removing the stickers on the vehicle itself. If they’ve offered bad service, I’d look for another dealership to take it to, then I wouldn’t even bother to look at the one you’re going to now on your way to the other place.
Also, if you’d be so kind, could you name the dealership you’ve been dealing with, and where, so none of us make the same mistake you did.

1. absolutely.

2. dealers get these “no sticker” requests occasionally and have no problem delivering the car with the sticker removed. Any that does not want to remove the sticker should simply be walked out of.

Nobody’s going to locate you cause you already sold that Chevelle. Eh?

I don’t think so. Unless you mean the law is that the dealer has to leave it off. I had a salesman in a 3 piece suit picking the label of the bumper of my pickup after it was ordered without a stripe and without badging and I got both. I left the stripe, it wasn’t that bad and I was NOT having them peel that much off. The sticker on the bumper, though, that had to go.

New law here in AZ,the license frame cannot cover the word “ARIZONA”. It was common at my GM Dealer to honor customers request to leave off emblems,never a issue.

Well, if I decide to sell the Civic… :stuck_out_tongue: