Dually trucks

Just another member of the “doesn’t like” the answer crowd. Andy should just do their own research.

1 Like

If you mean EVIDENCE - It’s called MATH.

1 Like

why? is he going to get a lower grade if he doesn’t show his work?

2 Likes

Funny thing is I just asked my wife the OP’s opening question and she was able to answer it and she has never been in dually truck and NOT a car nut, but she does have enough common sense to know that 4 is more than 2… :rofl:

3 Likes

I know how to swim. I hope everyone else here does, because we’re in the deep end now.

We have someone asking for scientific evidence that 4 tires can carry more load than 2 of the same tires. We have a saying in the auto industry…sometimes you can fix the car but you can’t fix the customer.

4 Likes

It is very close to that in my area, but the last two words are a little different, and if I typed out the last word it would get flagged… lol

Not sure about that. Frankly I am not going to research offerings, but suspect on majority of one ton pickups (about the only trucks in question) the tires on the single rear wheel option are of higher load capacity (per tire) than the tires on the dually option.
Meaning, just grabbing numbers here, single option, tire might be rated for 1600 lbs, dually, each tire rated at 1000 lbs, yielding 2000 lbs.
The links Mustangman posted reveals a lot.
If I were to consider a cab over camper I would get a dually one ton for stability even if a single wheel three quarter ton would be adequate.

Might I just suggest consider a trailer instead of a humongous truck. Years ago my neighbor and I were busy hauling landscape rock. I used my trailer that could hold 2000 pounds and low enough to make it easy to shovel rock into a wheel barrow. My neighbor borrowed a half ton pick up, and with the same amount of rock, it was nearly dragging on the driveway and the tires bulging. Plus shoveling out of the truck bed was not easy. Just saying is all. I don’t need a 70k truck when a $1000 trailer does more work. Different matter if you haul horses or have a big camper. But again consider a $200 a night suite instead of a $40 k camper. You won’t have the camp fire but the showers will be hot and free breakfast.

4 Likes