Dual Climate Control Problem

We have a 2007 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab 5.3l V8 with dual climate control. The driver’s side will flip to the opposite of what it is set to; if it should be blowing hot air, it will blow cold; if it should be blowing cold air, it will blow hot. We took it to the dealer; they said it was the ‘actuator’, replaced it and called it fixed…but it is NOT fixed. We hesitate to take it back, as we don’t want to get dinged with another $400 bill. My Father-in-law’s 2005 GMC Sierra has this same problem. Anyone have this problem and gotten a permanent fix for it?

Did The Dealer Try And Retrieve Any BCM (Body Control Module) DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) ? Did The Dealer Check For Any Chevrolet TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) ? Did They Reprogram The HVAC Module ?

There are HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditionaing) issues with several 2007 - 2008 GM vehicle models, including your’s.

If your dealer didn’t do any of the things that I’ve questioned then you may need a different dealer.

Is your dealer a small (low customer volume) or a large (high volume) dealer ?
Here’s what I’d do: I’d get on the phone and call several Chevrolet dealers, the larger the better (they see more problems and the patterns associated).

Ask for and tak to the Service Manager or Service Director. Explain your problem and the dealer’s inability to fix the problem. See if they are helpful, encouraging, and have a clue as to what the problem is and have them explain it to you. The person you talk to should be familiar with your specific problem. Go to the dealer that sounds like they know what they’re doing. Be sure that they’re aware of stored BCM DTCs, all HVAC TSBs, and reprogramming HVAC modules.

I’d say there’s a good chance that the vehicle didn’t need any parts (maybe a fuse) and still doesn’t to get it working properly, but it needs proper diagnosing.

CSA