Driving a clutch with ONE foot?

She is my FB friend, but I KNOW her in real life. lol

She talked to her mom to verify that indeed her mom taught her to use ONE foot when she was learning 35 years ago.

Anyway, it sounds like although it seems ridiculous, it is indeed possible.

It would be great to know the make of the car. Thirty five years ago would put us to about 1977. If the car were from the 1960s, there were a few cars equipped with overdrive. The overdrive equipped vehicles had free wheeling when the overdrive was used and the clutch did not have to be depressed to shift gears. However, starting from a stop would still be a problem.

I’ll ask her! :slight_smile:

My question to you guys: Is that even possible?
Anyway, it sounds like although it seems ridiculous, it is indeed possible.

Ya, funny how we learn things from discussion boards, eh?

This is very easy to do on a manual transmission tractor. The only problem is that while strattling the transmission hump, you can not reach the brake…bummer. Maybe OP’s friend is a farm girl ?

Of all the car that I’ve driven, the only one that need to be rev before letting the clutch out would be the Mazda RX8.

On the matter of shifting, I’d not want to ride with this driver, even if shifting can be done. A smooth manual driver would dip the clutch right at the point where the car is neither accelerating nor decelerating, not after the gas is completely out.

What a waste of bandwidth…27 posts…Of interest to only one-legged drivers, who ALL depend on vehicles with automatic transmissions…

Her Mom taught her to drive?

Well, there’s one obvious no-no.

If it were me, I’d take a day or two offa work and drive the 4 hours there and watch her do it.