Do Toyota Factory Radiators have a Date Stamp?

thanks jtsanders. That’s what I was thinking. I was hoping someone could verify what @Nevada_545 posted.

The metal part of the radiator is probably made separately from the plastic part. Those are probably made in batches and put on a storage shelf. Then when the whole thing is assembled into an actual radiator, they probably stamp that as the date of manufacture on the plastic part. That would explain the 1-13 stamp on the metal part, but the 2014 stamp on the plastic part.

Someone here – I think it was Tester – told me about a television program which is available on dvd which shows how they make radiators, and other car parts. Something like “How Do They Make That?”. Since the OP is quick becoming a radiator expert, OP might find it interesting to watch. I certainly did.

The Art of the Guess, By George

What is the build date on the vehicle? With vehicle production, the parts are manufactured within 30-45 days of assembly, it is doubtful your original radiator is a year older than the vehicle. There must be another explanation.

I don’t think it is possible to drive 15 months with a cracked radiator and not notice. Each time you have maintenance done on the vehicle (5,000 miles/6 months) you would be alerted of these types of failures.

Did you check your original invoice to see if the radiator was replaced? Perhaps the inverter cooler was replaced.

“Did you check your original invoice to see if the radiator was replaced? Perhaps the inverter cooler was replaced.”

Now that makes sense.

No. They charged for replacing the radiator.

The date stamp is not going to prove anything. That radiator could have been new, sitting on a shelf since 2004 before going into your car in 2014. If it had a date stamp AFTER your car was made, it would be definitive that it was replaced. However, there is no way to be CERTAIN that it wasn’t replaced due to an earlier date code IMO. My advice is to use this as a lesson going forward and let this one go…