Do I really have a MASSIVE oil leak?

…and then there is AAMCO’s “50 State Warranty”, which contains so many Weasel Clauses that it is essentially impossible to force them to honor their warranty
:thinking:

Some Aamco shops used to stamp in big red letters “UNSAFE TO DRIVE” across the customer copy of any customer that declined to let them do the major work they recommended to try to terrify the customer into acquiescing…
Aamco has earned for itself a terrible reputation, and they’ve had it for decades.

I got a good deal on a 70 Cutlass Supreme…I found AAMCO paperwork in glove compartment. Guess he had to sell the car to pay off AAMCO.

Did everybody see the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode about AAMCO? Jeff buys a 57 Chevy classic car, mint condition, and insists Larry drive it. Larry’s driving the Chevy, stops at a stop sign, and hears a “beep beep” and yells at the guy behind to stop honking at him. Not realizing the beeps were on the radio , part of the “double A MCO” commercial. Big fight ensues, the guy behind saying he didn’t honk, and then the guy behind rams the Chevy, ironically damaging the 57’s power glide transmission … lol .

And yet they still keep raking in the money. Apparently P.T. Barnum was right.
Have you seen their new commercials? They now will fix anything on you car. That’s really scary.

NO!!!
Massive means everytime you stop you need to add oil.
I had a MASSIVE OIL LEAK, on my 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE, when it had 158,000+ mile son it.
it came from the 5th time i replaced the timing belt and this 5th time i did not change the crankcase oil seal.
Which i never did before ever.
the tails of time caught up with my seal. Better torque , easier leak.
Even though “your car has an undercover” You are correct: you would be able to see if there is oil on there, as it would drip there and not the ground, but that is spotless as well. That means no leak.
Sounds like a deceptive repair jerk i mean man.
Avoid that shop liek the plague, at alll costs, what ever it takes. etc.
dont go there no more.
Ed

Some shops get scared when they see a oil leak, because if they service it. And the leak gets worse, you will try to blame that shop for causing the leak.

No shop that I have used. I have even stood there waiting while they told a customer the expense is big to fix, and you are not loosing much oil, let it go and see where you are a year from now.

I know that the Wal Mart service center here will not bring a car into the shop if is making noise, has an oil light flashing/pressure gauge at zero, or has a huge oil puddle under it.
I don’t blame them; it would be way too easy to get the blame for something.

One of those “My oil light wasn’t flashing/engine making noise when I brought it in” things.

1 Like

Sears auto parts managers got caught in a nationwide scandal many years ago where they were taking returned batteries and cleaning them uo and then selling them as new and pocketing the money.

I stopper dealing with Sears many years ago except for exchanging bad tools when I stopped to pick up a diehard battery for my riding mower. When the clerk put the Diehard up on the counter it had a made in Mexico sticker on it. I told th clerk to put it back because I was not going to pay Diehard prices for a Mexican battery. I went to (ironically) Kmart and bought an American made Exide for half the price.