Disappearing spark plug

My check engine light is flashing and motor skips like a fouled plug. When I tried to change plugs the last plug to the right was pulled down so I couldn’t get a wrench on it and covered in oil. How bad is this? Head or engine?

It would be interesting to be able to see this plug. I am going to guess that it is not been pulled into the engine, but rather it is just being blocked by other car parts or maybe the plug is broken.

Get the car to a mechanic. The mechanic will remove the old “oily” plug and that will provide some evidence about what it going on. Likely you just need some new “0” ring seals in the plug “tunnel” that keep oil from leaking in there from the cylinder head.

A Honda dealer, or a good independant Honda knowledgeable mechanic would be my choice for the job. Not Midas, Pep Boys, Sears, etc.

I can’t get my wrench to bite on the hex of the plug when I tried to put it on it just came out coated in oily sludge. I can only hope it is just a broken plug.

I am having it towed to the dealer tomorrow, your assessment is much less doomsday like than mine. Thank you.

sounds like the spark plug seals have gone bad. i think this must be done with the valve cover off. if so plan on valve cover gasket, new plug seals and probably VCG retainer washers. also it is not a good thing when the CEL is flashing. this can indicate a catastrophic failure

in this case it’s probably indicating a misfire because the plug is gunked up. As long as OP doesn’t drive it until it’s fixed, it should be OK.