Direct Injection - No Spark Plug

I wanted real world info, so I joined a group. If this is the way I’ll be treated…

It’s ok for him to want to talk about things he finds interesting or has questions about.

Welcome, @1977Cutlassjones_169686. There’s no rule that says you can’t talk about old topics. @jtsanders is right; it’s a feature and not a bug.

I google how to do all kinds of things and while helpful, doesn’t mean I don’t have any more questions.

You’re welcome here. But with an older topic, you’ll get more responses if you ask some questions. You responded to a poster no longer active.

If this is no longer active, and I shouldn’t respond to it, why is it still available? Only for reading and no responses? As far as I m concerned direct injection IS a current topic.

I said the poster is no longer active (not that you could know that), so they won’t respond. The rest of us will.

I don’t think responding to an old dead topic is such a big deal on a topic such as this. It’s more confusing when someone resurrects a thread asking for advice with a problem that the OP never returned to 7 years ago saying “my [insert different car here] has had the same problems, what did you do to fix it?” most of the time the OP still doesn’t respond, then things get confusing when some people respond to the newer person and some trying to respond to the older posts. My recommendation when I happen to see threads like that is to encourage the newer poster to create their own topic detailing what is going on. They can also include a link to the old topic too for people to peruse.

It’s not a big deal unless the person is responding with an answer to a question someone asked about their car several years back.