Difference between 2010 & 2009 Prius?

You’re right. Bigger font might help. Apologies for the oversight.

Interesting question about the sales tax and title fees. I’ve never leased, but I can’t imagine the state would not have some way of getting that money, which will always in the end be paid by the consumer.

How about for a fleet of pizza delivery vehicles as well as taxis? One place around here as a bunch of old 3cyl Festivas(or Fiestas, I can’t remember which) as their delivery vehicles

We just sold our trusty Mercedes 300D with over 300k miles and bought a 2010 Prius.

It is one of the best cars I have ever owned. The hybrid technology works magnificently and we consistently and easily get over 50mpg.

The 2010 has upgrades to the engine. It’s 1.8 liter engine is more powerful than the previous generation, but it gets better mileage. There are many other upgrades including the interior room, traction battery pack and brakes. The much anticipated plug in Prius will be based on this generations chassis, and is expected by 2012. The plug in Prius will be rated at 75 mpg, and unlike other EV’s it will have an unlimited range with the engine hybrid system.

We pay cash for our cars, but the lease deals out there right now are pretty darn good as far as leases go. Interest on the 3 year/ 36k mile lease was 1.8%, with a high residual (69%) at the end. Low interest and high resale value help you on both ends. Also, all of the tier 1 leases were available without any upfront money. You can do a lot worse than a zero down 1.8% lease…

There is a lot of information on the Prius on the web. I would suggest reading up on hybrids in general and the Prius specifically on those sites. This site can have as many opinions as there are facts. But that’s just my opinion.

Do These Little Prius Cars Have Room For Four Large Grown Men And Four Sets Of Golf Clubs And A few Odds And Ends ?

CSA

“Do These Little Prius Cars Have Room For Four Large Grown Men And Four Sets Of Golf Clubs And A few Odds And Ends ?”

Certainly! But not all at the same time. You’d have to define “large men”, but 4 adults can fit in with some luggage, but 4 sets of clubs is out of the question. I think that an Escape Hybrid or Highlander Hybrid would do the trick, though.

The “little” Prius is a mid-sized car not a compact. Another popular misconception.

We carry 4 adult passengers on a regular basis. I’m a large person myself (6’5", 275 lbs) and the car fits me fine, even when my wife is sitting behind me. We just got back from a 1100 mile trip with four adults and all their baggage packed in the Prius. Got an overall 49.8 mpg too.

I’ll Be Keeping The bonneville A While Longer. I Think The Bonneville At Almost 30 MPG With A Foursome And Pings Gets Much Better Economy Than 2 Little Prius Cars With 2 Twosomes And Pings.
Also, one needs to consider wear and tear on two cars vs one car, etcetera.

Apples must be compared with apples. I’m not interested in an SUV or Asian vehicle and not crazy about hybrids.

CSA

Well that’s works great for you… My Prius also won’t tow a 3500Lb trailer. That’s why I have a Dodge Ram. But the Ram won’t get 50mpg. I also have a large Mercedes sedan and an SUV, both with V8’s. Each serves a purpose for our family.

Not all families have the option of owning multiple vehicles, and must choose one that best fits their overall needs. The 2010 Prius is that vehicle for a lot of people.

I don’t see your point in degrading all hybrid and Asian vehicles. If it doesn’t work for you, don’t buy one. No one but you mentioned buying two vehicles to do the work of one.

There’s hundreds of makes and models available for the buying public. They all bring something to the table.

You Are Right About Having Several Different Vehicles For Several Purposes. I’m Just Curious As To Why You’d Want To Trvel In A Prius When You Have A Large MB Sedan And SUV At Home ? What Are They For ?

I was under the impression that the little hybrids were best used for city driving situations where they could run on electricity. Is that incorrect ?

CSA

“Apples must be compared with apples.”

You can justify your choice of vehicles any way you want, though I think that only Detroit 3 dealers in your neighborhood justifies ignoring the newer American cars justifiable. This is a general statement and does not apply to the Highlander hybrid, which is still built in Japan. The other Highlanders are now assembled in Indiana. To me, that makes the American cars.

The MB sedan and our two seater are older collectibles (to some), and while they’re in very good condition they see more Sunday driving than anything. The MB SUV gets used in winter and outdoor recreation trips. We don’t get out of our driveway without it in the winter. The Hemi Ram is used for towing car trailers and hauling.

And not one of them gets over 15 mpg.

The Prius gets used daily for both around town and road trips. The Prius hybrid is very good around town, but it needs a chance to get warmed up. Very short trips of 5 minutes or less doesn’t let it run on electric only. The internal combustion engine always runs on cold start up to heat up the cat. As soon as the cat is warm you can run electric only up to about 38 mph.

On the open road the Prius effortlessly gets 50 mpg or more. The 2010’s have a larger engine and electric motor giving it plenty of power. I can set the cruise on 80 and stay with the flow just like most any car. 75-80 mph returns 50 mpg on most roads.

And again, the Prius is a mid-size not a compact. It sits four adults and their luggage.
We’ve had no issues of any kind, and so far love it. It fits our needs. I wish you were closer CSA, and I’d give you a ride and drive. I’m a car guy who likes German metal and I was very impressed once I finally drove one. It’s the future of autos IMO.

Yeah, like Toyota is the only one that gets recalled…Good lord.