Diet manual transmissions

Well he is a lawyer. Use of the air space is considered an easement provided it does not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the property below. Zooming over me five times a day would infringe on my enjoyment. Its not a big deal to me though.

All I can say is it looks like his office is in his motherā€™s basementā€¦

At 2:50 in the video he says, ā€œI am an attorney after allā€¦ā€ which reminds me of the old joke about the graduates at a Medical School.

The student that graduates at the top of their class in a Medical School is called the Valedictorianā€¦

But what do you call the student that graduates at the bottom of their class, the one who has yet to learn the difference between a Podiatrist and a Proctologist? You still call him ā€œDoctorā€¦ā€

Well I am not a lawyer, but I posted about the issue of Common Law from the ā€œDark Agesā€ which is why itā€™s quoted in Latin (a Dead Languageā€¦ if thatā€™s not hint enoughā€¦).

He often refers to common law like it is the law of the land, like itā€™s laid out in the Constitution, itā€™s notā€¦

The U.S. common-law system evolved from a British tradition that spread to North America during the 17th- and 18th-century colonial period. Might I remind you that ā€œduring Colonial Timesā€ the United States did not yet exist and we ā€œYanksā€ deferred to English Lawā€¦

But for all intents and purposes, Now, here in the United Sates, Todayā€¦ Common law serves as a body of unwritten laws based on legal precedents established by the courts in the United States Common law from other countries do not countā€¦ For example, Islamic Common Law, allows for a financial compensation to be paid to the victim or heirs of a victim in the cases of murder, bodily harm or property damageā€¦ Thatā€™s not common law here in the USā€¦

However, Common law in the US influences the decision-making process in unusual cases where the outcome cannot be determined based on existing statutes or written rules of law.

And if you did read my previous postings, there are written rules of law that allow a person to fly a drone over your property, but as already noted not to break other laws like becoming a nuisance, just the same was the neighborā€™s kid would be if he jumped up and down on his trampoline and every time his head popped high enough to see over the fence, he yells, ā€œI see youā€¦ā€

He referred to a Supreme Court decision. Utilities have a five foot strip of land on all sides of me that they can use. Itā€™s called an easement. I still own it but they can use it.

Iā€™m kinda done with this though. All I said is I donā€™t appreciate a business solicitating with a picture of my house. No point blowing it all out of proportion. I donā€™t think itā€™s a smart business practice but to disappoint vdc, Iā€™ve never sued anyone and donā€™t intend to. I havenā€™t ever had a drone fly over. So blue skies and straight and level flight.

1 Like

Does your county assessorā€™s office provide arial property pictures online? Hennepin county does.

No they arenā€™t arial but street view. But like I said the include floor plans, deed transfers, taxes and when paid, square footage, hvac, bath, bedrooms, assessed value, and so on. They do show plats of the lot and structure location though.

1 Like

Yup!
The ONLY air rights regarding oneā€™s property involve a prohibition on someone else erecting a building above someone elseā€™s property. In densely-populated urban areas, property owners have sometimes sold their air rights, thus reaping a bunch of money in exchange for another party being given the right to build a structure above the original buildingā€“or even above an empty lot.

1 Like

In my county in Virginia, you go to the County Web page, Property Search, and you can look up any piece of property by ownerā€™s name, address, or itā€™s GPIN (an X/Y coordinate system unique to the mapping system) or you can call up the whole county map and scroll around like on Google maps, except it shows the property linesā€¦

When you find the property you are searching for, it brings up more information than most folks want out there. They offer the GIS Map, showing much info, including property lines, easements, etcā€¦ In a drop down menu, called ā€œPlanimetricsā€ you can choose how current an aerial photo you want to see, the current one 2021, or 2019, 2017, 2013, 2011, or 2009. With that, you can see when your neighbor put in that shed, or pool, etcā€¦

The photos are of such high quality that you can see your trash can, A/C unit, kidā€™s playsets, etcā€¦

They also take a very high quality (high resolution) photo of the front of your home and it is also posted on their site. They use that for their ā€œDrive By Assessmentā€ along with the other information on file about the property (square footage, number of rooms, number of bathrooms, etcā€¦).

Nothing is sacredā€¦

Just to be fair, we should include an attorney joke:

Question: Whatā€™s the difference between a rooster and a lawyer?
Answer: A rooster clucks defiant!

'In the late 1960's, when I was first starting in home building, a man who had just bought one of our Pennsylvania homes found me in the construction trailer. He said there was a farmer in his backyard with a herd of pigs. I told him I'd take care of it. I located the farmer and asked him why he was on this man's property. The farmer said William Penn had given his ancestors, who owned an adjoining piece of property, the right to take his livestock to an old stone springhouse on the land, and he was doing nothing illegal. It was true. The title company had missed this title defect. They had to buy the rights back from the farmer for about $30,000.'
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/20/business/yourmoney/20boss.html
1 Like

Thatā€™s a good joke but only after you say the words aloudā€¦ If you just read it, you just get the words, but when you say it, you realize what those words really sound likeā€¦ LoLā€¦

Now to continue with this thread, of jokes and now with the ā€œplay on wordsā€ when you say them aloudā€¦

This occurred in July 2013 when an Asiana Airlines Flight 214 (Chinese Airline) flying a Boeing 777 clipped a sea wall and slammed into a runway July 6 at San Francisco International Airport. The NTSB released the names of the two of the pilots as ā€œCaptain Sum Ting Wong,ā€ and ā€œWi Tu Lo,ā€ and this was released to the National Press and announced on national TV.

Apparently no one read the names aloud until they were read on live TV and then and only then did anyone catch itā€¦

The head of the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) had to go on national TV and issue an apology the this. He explained that two Summer Interns working at the NTSB had altered the list and they are no longer associated with the NTSBā€¦

So, just say the ā€œpilotā€™s namesā€ aloudā€¦ Oh, by the way the ā€œnameā€ of the Flight Engineer was also shown on the TV Screen, but the news caster realized he had been jacked before he read it aloud ā€œBang Ding Ow.ā€

1 Like

A Boeing 777 doesnā€™t have a flt engineer. But on long international flights there will be relief pilots. Just a nit pick.

Oh oh. I was in error. I just went to the county ā€œBeaconā€ software site to look around, which is the property information software, I assume used in a lot of juridictions. If you click on the ā€œmapā€ selection, you do indeed get an arial view of all the property. You can expand it but the detail is not real great, but it is enough to show roof lines, pools, and other main features. Not good enough to see anyone in their swim suits though.

So there.

Father and son? Multitasker? :blush:

1 Like

Heh heh. All of them around here just say China. Little China, southern China, China cafe, etc. the place I go, Iā€™ll call him Sam from now on, has been locked up tight for three years. Take out only. Call him up, place your order, give him your debit card number, and he puts your order on the porch. No contact. Dining room sits empty. Scared to death. Being from China, maybe he has some inside information though.

1 Like

No Panda Express?