Deville car battery drains

I HAVE A 99 CADILLAC DEVILLE IT IS NOT FULLY LOADED…IF I DONT START IT IN 1 TO 3 DAYS ITS BATTERY IS COMPLETELY DEAD AFTERMARKET DVD INDASH WAS DISCONNECTED AND IT STILL WENT DEAD…I HAVE A NEW BATTERY AND ORIGINAL WHICH I AM USING ORIG NOW IT STILL GOES DEAD… CAN ANYBODY PLS TELL ME WHAT TO DO I AM TIRED OF PLUGGING MY CAR IN (TRICKLE CHARGE)…

Well the first thing you need to do is to trace the voltage leak with a meter. Obviously something is drawing current when the car is turned off. If you don’t have a meter and don’t know how to do this then all we can do is throw out random suggestions. I’ll take a guess though that perhaps the voltage regulator in the alternator has failed?

Here is a link with some good info that may help you out.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/battery_runs_down.htm

I would suggest starting by cleaning both ends of each battery cable and making sure the connections are tight. Then take your car to your local auto parts store and ask them to check the battery and charging system. Many places will do this for free. Yea, I agree that it is more likely that there is something (security system maybe) that is drawing the system down, but cleaning contacts and having those checks done are easy and cheap as well as a possible problem.

BTW please loose the ALL CAPS. Most people find them difficult to read and they are considered shouting.

THNX DAVE… IM SORRY ITS A 2000 CADDY DEVILLE BUT I HAD IT TESTED AT DEALER AND CAR STEREO AND ANOTHER GARAGE ALL THAT WAS FOUND IS BATTERY DEAD…

THNX I WILL TRY TO DISCONNECT ALT FUSE