Dealership Maintenance

I took the 2.3 auto trans car with 19,000 miles to an independent shop and he flushed the trans with Valvoline MaxLife V-324. After some research Google I don’t think this fluid is designed for the Mazda 3. The Manual states ATF M-V. I went to Valvoline website and I can’t find any reference to Mazda 3 and that fluid. Can anyone enlighten me a bit here? I am feeling a bit overwhelmed here because I have been having trouble finding quality car care.

Thanks…

A bit of looking shows some murkiness about whether Max Life is suitable for your Mazda or not. It’s a full synthetic for use in Mercon and Dexron based transmissions but the fuzzyness comes in with the term Max Life and Max Life V-324.
Any chance that 324 could be a misinterpretation and in reality it means that 3 has been replaced by 4?

I did find this. One Mazda listed, but I’d be a little antsy about this until this matter is cleared up beyond all doubt.
The response refers to a “sample” which may or may not mean this fluid is suitable for your Mazda. It could be that Max Life may not be but if a Max Life +4 exists then it may be.

THOMAS R. SMITH
Technical Director, Valvoline Brand
November 05, 2008
To Whom It May Concern:
Valvoline has received several inquiries regarding the topic of MaxLife ATF and its use in various vehicles. In
response to these questions Valvoline has issued the following statements:
Valvoline recommends MaxLife ATF in a broad range of transmissions. The list below is just a sample of
applications where Valvoline supports the use of MaxLife ATF. Please also note that MaxLife is a full synthetic
ATF.
? Allison C-4
? Allison TES 389
? Allison TES 295 (extended drain with
appropriate used oil sampling)
? Audi G-052-025-A2, G-052-162-A1
? BMW LT71141 or LA2634 fluids
? Ford MERCON?, MERCON? V*
? Ford FNR5
? Ford MERCON? SP, MERCON? LV
? GM 9986195
? GM DEXRON? II, III and VI
? Honda/Acura ATF-Z1 (except in CVTs)
? Hyundai
? JWS 3309
? KIA SP-II and SP-III Fluids
? MAN 339 Type F
? Mazda M-V
? Mercedes Benz Sheet 236.x (except 236.12 and 236.20)
? Mercedes Benz NAG-1
? Mitsubishi Diamond SP-II or SP-III
? Nissan Matic-D, Matic-J, and Matic-K
? Subaru ATF
? Subaru ATF-HP
? Toyota / Lexus Type T, T-III or T-IV
? Toyota WS
? Voith H55.6335.33 (G607)*
? Voith H55.6336.33 (G1363)
? Volvo 1161521 and 1161540
? VW TL52162
? ZF TE-ML-14B, 16L and 17C
? ATF

Thanks for your help. I called Valvoline and talked to a product tech. He told me Maxlife is fully compatible with the 2009 Mazda 3 trans.

You did the right thing by verifying this and thank you for keeping us informed of the answer.