I have an Giulietta (FWD) from 2015.
The car was in perfect condition until last April. Where a problem became evident on the car.
The first symptoms where:
- Random humming at high speeds 60mph+
- Steering shimmy at 120-140km/h when accelarating (but not always)
- Sometimes shimmy even at constant speed at these ranges
- When cold no problems
- at really low speeds (less than 20 mph) when turning right the car was making a grinding sound.
- Warmer weather increased the symptoms
Many changes happened:
- New tires (nothing changed)
- New Diskrotors (twice)
- Clean-up hubs, brakes
It has been checked by mechanics and nobody can see something evident
- No bearing play
- No suspension issues
- No Axle issues (by outside inspection)
Now 6000Miles after the first signs
Car shakes or steering shimmy on accelaration at that speed range (mostly when you push it)
Car sometimes shakes also when with neutral gear (after the previous symptom occurs)
Low speed 20- miles grinding (it is like the brakepads are on metal!) but it is not the brakepads! it doesn’t change with braking it doesn’t with neutral gear.
When you travel for 1.5 hour also braking shakes at that speeds (and IT is not the disk rotors… 3rd set of brakes does the same)
I am between Wheel bearing issues and Axle (also some tiny thought on Engine mounts).
What is your take on these symptoms?