Dead car no one can figure out why?

@Bing thank you for that info will do. I am not certain if they have a diagnostic report because there is no communication with the car? They said the tested everything up to the PCM and everything else looked good and the next step would be replacing the PCM which I did and still the problem persists which is why I also think now (thanks to all the great info here) that the original PCM was ok. Although I guess I will have to have them check other things to be certain of that.

You will not get your money back, but maybe a discount of future repairs.

This might be kind of a dumb question, but is it pretty simple to see if the timing chain broke? And if this did happen would that explain the problem. I am hoping it is what @Cougar and everyone said about getting power to the OBD-2 connector or faulty fuse etc… And I will ask all tomorrow, but I was just curious if a timing chain broke would that cause this issue with it not starting or communication? or would a chain braking most likely total a motor in the process?

I think most modern Hondas are interference engines so a broken timing belt would very likely have wrecked that engine. Yup, there’s an easy way to check. Your mechanic should know how to (hopefully without his precious diagnostics reader).
Not being able to communicate to the computer would be my first concern. Without that computer running properly, the state of your timing belt is moot.

Modern Auto Repair…You get to pay for their guesswork…

"Honda did say that the brackets that were holding in the PCM were broken? "

Did you purchase this car new? Sounds like it may have been in an accident…

They need to get back to the basics, run a compression test, remove the valve cover and see what is going on…Forget electronic “diagnostics” for now. First you have to get it running…

The loss of communications to the PCM is a seperate issue from the noises you heard, which could have been due to a broken timing belt. Even though there is a lack of communications to the PCM the shop should be able to see if there is something seriously wrong with the engine if the starter is working. Things like ignition and compression could be checked. It would be nice though to be able to first check for error codes that are stored in the PCM.

Not sure why my comments are not showing up? Anyway I spoke with Honda and they said the finally knew what my problem is. My transmission died and I guess it blew out a sensor in the process. The PCM was fine so I don’t have to pay for the new one, but I do have to pay labor.

They have had it for 4 days. They got the car to turn over and said the tranny is making an awful noise and needs to be replaced. Not sure exactly what sensor blew, but he mentioned something about the sensor to the tranny and that is why it was no communicating and that the senor was not even picking up the transmission in the car. I will have to talk to them more to get the exact senor name

At least I know what was wrong now, but coming up with the money for that expensive repair is another story haha. Honda did say that they will pay half because of my miles and it only being 6 month out of warranty which leaves me responsible for like $1900. And that new tranny has a 3 year warranty on it. O well at least I know what is wrong

But everyone was right with what was going on. Thank you so much for your responses and help. I REALLY do appreciate it. I will post back when I find put the exact name of the sensor. It is in the shop now supposed to be fixed tomorrow so hoping it will be all good from here on out.

I am kinda surprised tho that it took them this long to find out what sensor was not letting the car communicate.

knfenimore- Will definitely tell them to check the power to the ECM. Thanks for that pic.

Also not sure if this will help, but about a month ago I did hear a kind of whining noise in the first and second gear and I did take it to honda and they did a transmission service and said it may be a lose transmission baring. after I did the transmission service the noise was still slightly there and has been since then. The tech said it would be fine to drive but the only way to fix the noise would be to get a new transmission. Is it possible that the transmission baring (if that was even the noise) came lose? and if it did come lose could it make that sound and I guess destroy everything in the transmission along with blowing a electrical fuse or glitch out a computer in the process?

knfenimore- thanks for that pic and the info I will tell them to check the power to the ECM.

Also not sure if this will help, but about a month ago I did hear a kind of whining noise and I did take it to honda and they did a transmission service and said it may be a lose transmission baring. after I did the transmission service the noise was still slightly there and has been since then. The tech said it would be fine to drive but the only way to fix the noise would be to get a new transmission. Is it possible that the transmission baring (if that was even the noise) came lose? and if it did come lose could it make that sound and I guess destroy everything in the transmission along with blowing a electrical fuse or glitch out a computer in the process?

Also not sure if this will help, but about a month ago I did have like a whining noise coming from the engine when I was in 1st and 2nd gear. I took it to the same honda shop and they recommended a transmission service and said it might be a lose transmission baring . I did do the transmission service and the noise was still slightly there and has been since then. The check engine light has never come on and the tech said it was fine to drive, but told me that the only was to fix the noise was to get a new transmission.

Is it possible that the transmission baring (if that even was the noise) came lose? and if it did come lose could it make that sound and I guess destroy everything in the transmission along with blowing an electrical fuse or glitch out a computer in the process?

OK so I just spoke to honda and they said that they found out what was wrong with the car. It was not the PCM and said the old one was fine. They said what happened was the transmission went out and blew a sensor with it. I need to ask specifics about what sensor, but he said on of the sensors to the transmission like it was not even picking up that the transmission was in the car. I will be speaking with them more her in a bit. I thank everyone that has commented and you guys were accurate about what was going on. Thanks for all the great info.

I am kind of surprised they could not find out the sensor issue sooner. O well at least now I know what is going on, but coming up with the money to repair is another issue haha. Honda said they will cover half of the new transmission since I am 6 months out of warranty with only 43k miles.

Well it is nice to hear the shop cut you somewhat of a break on the repair bill. They certainly needed to eat some of that needless time spent and parts installed trying to fix the trouble. The tranny could have self destructed internally and caused the noises you heard. I suppose there could have been a problem related to that involving the power to the OBD-2 connector that caused a fuse to blow out and so lose the communications. It would be nice to know what they did to fix that particular part of the problem. I don’t know how much time they put in to find that part of the problem but it sounds like it was a lot. The repair cost for the transmission replacement seems reasonable at least.

Yeah I will ask more details wont be fixed until next week so I will ask exactly what went out on it when its all done. Just weird problem to have and everyone who looked at it were totally stumped was pretty scary there for a sec and still kinda is lol. @Cougar thanks for all your responses and knowledge!

@stevguy … not sure if you can delete the entire post, but you can clear out all the text in a post if you like. Hover your mouse in the upper right hand part of a post of yours (while you are logged in), you’ll see “options” pop up. Click that, then you can do an edit.