Cranck shaft sensor

MY 1998 mALIBU STARTS MOST OF THE TIME, THERE IS A CONTINUAL LIGHT ON THE DASH AND ACCORDING TO THE MAINTENANCE BOOK FROM cHEVY, THEY ARE SAYING CHECK YOUR EMISSIONS SYSTEM. aLSO ON THE TIMES WHEN THE CAR DOES NOT START RIGHT AWAY, THE OIL, BATTERY LIGHT ALSO GOES ON; THE SOUND IS RRRRR, WEAKER AND WEAKER, WAIT 5 MINUTES AND CAN START THE CAR. THIS HAS BEEN THE PATTERN. DIAGNOSTICS SAY IT IS THE CRANK SHAFT SENSOR…i HAVE ALREADY READ YOUR STREAM ABOUT CRANK SHAFTS SENSORS…PLEASE COMMENT BEFORE i TAKE IT TO MY INDEPENDENT MECHANIC.

What are you waiting for? The continually on light indicates the need for a visit to your mechanic.

While he’s testing the crankshaft sensor, have him test the battery and the charging system, too.

If you continue to put this off the car won’t start.

And please turn off your caps lock.

Please turn off your caps lock key before I go blind.

What “diagnostics” are you talking about? Did someone just read the error codes? The light on your dash comes with an error code - apparently this code refers in some way to a crank shaft position sensor. But there are lots of codes that include reference to a CkPS, and not one of them can tell you that you need a new sensor. You need to report the actual and very specific code (such as “P1234”).

If there were other “diagnostics” in addition to just a scanning of the codes then you need to report that too.

However, based on your sketchy description of what happens when the car won’t start it just sounds like you need a new battery. Many auto parts stores will test your battery and alternator for free. Get the car to a place like this and have them check it out.

thank you, i am on my way to the mechanic shop and will pass along your advice…