Cracked Head Gasket

Hey, I have a 1994 Infiniti Q45 T, and my mechanics told me I have a cracked head gasket. I replaced my radiator however that didn’t solve the overheating problem. I always have to put in anti freeze fluid inside the radiator every week. Car overheats if I don’t and it gets really annoying just to stall my car in the middle of the freeway. Car usually gives out a rich fuel odor when turning on the AC or heater inside. White smoke comes out of the exhaust but doesn’t smell when I fill the radiator fully. Should I sell this car or keep it and fix it? It has 178,000 miles. I’m used to driving my car to places and dont feel like relying on public transportation. lol. If I were to sell my car, who would buy it? Thank you!

my mechanics told me I have a cracked head gasket.

What you reported about your car supports what the mechanics have said. Why don’t you address the head gasket. The longer you wait the more damage that might result.

As to who might buy it, I don’t know, but as is, it in not worth much.

I am sorry to say it, but it sounds like your car has been neglected and that neglect has reduced it’s value greatly.

I bought it in an auction a year ago haha. Is there another alternative, such as K Seal or any liquid sealant in the radiator to fix the leakage? I hear certain liquid sealants are known to clog, but others testify certain ones works. Should I pour the magic liquid sealants into the radiator rather than spending $1000+ on replacements? thanks

A junkyard would buy your car for scrap price.

I would not fix it given you have driven it over an extended period and likely previous owner with a junk engine.

Honestly, if it were me I’d stop by the autoparts store, peruse the shelves for a magic headgasket reapir elixer, and dump it in. If you pull the head you’re probably going to end up finding out that it’ll need to be milled (long term use of an engine with a breeched headgasket not only warps the head but can also erode channels in the metal) and your cost will mount rapidly. It’s a 16 year old car you bought at auction with a (now) known history…it isn’t worth dumping money into.

A situation like this is exactly where additives become worth their cost.

Good luck.

In addition to what others have said, everytime you overheat the engine, especially if you let it go to the point where it will stall, you cause more damage.

If your engine is overheating, DO NOT DRIVE IT!

If the rest of the car is in good shape, perhaps a used engine from a boneyard can be installed. It probably will cost about the same as fixing your headgasket problem, but you may have more problems now since you’ve neglected it.

I’m repeating myself at the risk of sounding like a salesman, but find a product called Blue Devil. It’s 60 bucks and worth it’s weight in gold.

If you had the same weight in gold, you could easily sell it and replace the car, especially with gold at record highs…

driving a car with a cracked head is just causing more damage every time you turn the key. If you want to fix it then get it fixed but no matter what don’t drive it.