CR-V Longevity

Those types of websites are shady…you will never buy a car if you listen to them because there are faults in every automobile made. The trick is to find one with the least amount of flaws.

Please edit your last post and remove profanity. This is a family friendly website

You can (and will) find everything online. Had I based all my car purchases on information found online I would have missed out on some of the finest, most reliable, pleasure to own vehicles that I could ever imagine.

It all needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Other homework needs to be done. Car magazines and online sites magnify the minute differences in the reliability of vehicles… after all, that’s what sells what they’re selling. :wink:
CSA

This website is not crappy, its has one of the largest database of complaints on the net and I trust them. Complaints are sent by real people, not machines.

You can clean up your post, too, @rascal243. Pretend your mom is going to read your post before you hit “reply”.

2 Likes

. Get a life!

I have one, sonny boy. It was just a little bit better until you showed up with your 12 year old potty mouth.

You are uncurable! You should seek medical help before its too late

There are many businesses that pay people to write bad reviews about competitor products. It’s extremely common. To reply on ONE source when buying a product is foolish.

Tell me something I don’t know. Do you think people are idiots?

UM…You’re the one putting your faith in this one web-site. So you tell me, are you an idiot?

You have too much time on your hands. Maybe you should consider joining a cheerleading team

Hey dweeb…if you don’t have the intelligence to debate a subject, then move on.

3 Likes

I made some edits for language yesterday…but before this thread truly skids off to the ditch, can we please refrain from personal insults? Seems there’s plenty of room for an honest difference of opinion about the use of the complaints website while not assuming our most august members are pasty lumpen moles who only survive by monitorlight.

4 Likes

I have been insulted on this board so I am very careful not to leave my computer logged into this website and unattended when Mrs. Triedaq is around.

2 Likes

For your information, carcomplaints.com is in partnership with cartalk. See for yourself http://www.carcomplaints.com/partners/

1 Like

Just because a website has a partnership with Car Talk does not mean the posters here will take the information without a grain of salt. I have studied the data of carcomplaints.com vs the number of that model built that year and sometimes their numbers support their conclusions, and sometimes they don’t.

1 Like

When it comes to complaints, not all publications or studies, cut the numbers the same way. On forums in particular, it is the most troublesome issues that get most of the attention, which can tend to blow things out of proportion sometimes.
After all, how many participate in public forums just to brag about how great their vehicle is, pretty small I think against people looking for help with a car problem.
To put it in perspective, a 5% failure rate is quite high by most manufacturing quality standards, but that is still 95,000 out of 100,000 with no such issue. The squeaky wheel gets all the attention. But of course, when it is your problem, it’s a big PIA.
And there are usually enough folks around well read enough to be familiar with the issue, or experienced it themselves, to help out…

Back in the 1950s, Consumer Reports would list specific problem areas (piston rings, automatic transmission, valves, suspension, etc. and advise a person to give extra care in checking these problem areas. They advised that if the repair had been made to that item, not to reject the car out of hand.
When I bought used cars, the condition was more important than the make. For instance, if I were shipping for an older minivan and found a used Honda Odyssey in good condition, I would check the automatic transmission carefully because that was a trouble spot for the older Odyssey. If the transmission had been replaced, that would be a plus.

1 Like