Corolla warranty repairs

I took my car in a week ago for an oil change because I had a coupon. The dealer told me the timing chain tensioner was just beginning to seep oil. I have a third party warranty so I took it back to the dealership that I purchased it from.

The service writer came to me and said that only the timing chain tensioner was leaking but that the techs were afraid that once they replaced it other leaks were going to pop up. So he said he wanted to change the o ring for the timing chain tensioner, reseal front timing cover, crankshaft seal, and valve cover gasket.

I get home and read the bill better and realize that there is also a gallon of coolant on there. Which makes me think head gasket. I read the bill further and see cylinder head gasket in the parts list and oil pan gasket.

The car has not ever used oil, coolant, ran hot, or left puddles the entire six months that I have had it. So was the dealership just being awesome and changing the gaskets so that I won’t have to worry about it down the road like they said or should I call and be sure that they didn’t uncover some problems?

The car is a 2005 toyota corolla with 93,000 miles. I did get a prepurchase inspection from a private shop which came back clean

This is the list of repairs and parts from the toyota owners website

R&R FRT TIMING COVER ASSY, RESEAL FRT COVER,REPLACE FRT CRANK SEAL, REPLACED TIM ~|~C/S TIMING CHAIN TENSIONER LEAKS OIL ~|~ ~|~93394 RESEAL FRT TIMING COVER, CRANK SHAFT SEAL, TENSIONER O RING, VALVE COVER GASKET

Parts
Name Qty
FIPG OIL PAN 1
GASKET, CYLINDER HEA 1
SUPER LONG LIFE COOL 1
RING, O 1
SEAL, TYPE T OIL 1

If i am understanding your post correctly, all of the work was “done” for free on your extended warranty. Correct?

What’s this list from the Toyota owner’s website? What was supposedly done should be on your bill.

What I suspect is that the dealer did only the work that was necessary, and billed the insurance company that sold the warranty for everything that was on the bill. Proving it will be difficult.

The same information was listed on the bill. I paid my 100 dollar deductible for the warranty.

I am just wondering if they really did change the head gasket and oil pan gasket and it is not listed in the RO but the parts are listed.

I was going to call them today but we ended up getting over 20" of snow today and basically the whole state is shut down.

Just give them a call when convenient, and tell them that you noticed the extra parts on the list. Ask them what all was done, and what they saw when they got in there.

BC.