Our Sienna is overheating. The Toyota service center is looking at it.
- They said the top coolant hose was hot, bottom hose cold. They replaced the thermostat and both hoses now hot, but coolant is still not circulating.
- The fan not coming on, but when they disconnect the sensor fan comes on. Still no circulation.
- They want to try replacing water pump next, not sure this will fix it.
Note: the van was rear ended 1 week before this problem began. Hard enough to knock rear bumper loose on left side, and break parts holding bumper too van, but no major damage.
- Does anyone know what is likely causing the circulation problem?
- Could the rear-end collision have anything to do with the circulation problem?
- Do you recommend I stop trying to fix this van (we need a vehicle, but I can’t afford a good van right now) or should I keep trying to fix the van?