Code p0455

I keep getting this code even after fixing hoses with leaks.I am guiltly of over filling my gas tank all the time can this have damaged the vapor canister on my 2001 dodge caravan

Give this link a shot:

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0455

May help you anrrow it down, maybe something you’ve overlooked…

Chase

So you don’t think it could be from over filling I checked everywhere else.

No, you did NOT check “everywhere” else. Much of the EVAP system is hidden in inaccessible places like inside fender panels and on top of the fuel tank…The next step is a smoke test. If an emissions test is not an issue, you can defer repairs…

It could be the canister isn’t purging properly, or there’s a leak somewhere you missed. From the code, no it doesn’t appear that the canister is damaged, but it’s possible, depending on the problem, and how long it’s been going on.

Copy on Caddyman’s comments. If you didn’t drop the tank, rip it all to pieces, I’m sure there are places you missed, too. Some are steel/aluminum lines built into the body during production, and it’s most likely you iddn’t get to all those.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH I’LL GET STARTED AGAIN TOMORROW IT’S STARTING TO RAIN.

Oh, and STOP OVERFILLING ALL THE TIME. It might not be the issue this time, but it will be.

We had a Voyager, I think around that year with the same problem, luckily under warranty. There was a pump that pressurizes the system for the test that failed.