Clutch won't disengage

@Killabeaver‌, I slightly edited your post to tone down the language. I think I preserved your meaning. :wink:

Thank you.

I hope he comes back. I’d like to know what exactly was the problem.

We could all learn what not to do…or at least get a good laugh out of the fact that he just not noticed that the half shafts were still propped against the wall the whole time.

Yosemite

That half shafts propped against the wall comment strikes home to me. The most embarassing thing I’ve ever done involved a pair of half shafts that were not against the wall. They were in the car; just not in the location where they would have helped prevent the problem… :blush:

Yep, @OK4450, we all have likely done something like that. Get in a hurry and it’s easy to forget things.
Just today I had a Mini Van on the scissors lift for an oil change. I had a few things to do topside while I put in the fresh oil so I lowered the van, but not quite all the way. I finished all the work and told the owner that he could pull it out, and I’d clean up the area. I looked just in time before the lift got dragged beyond the length of it’s hose.

Yosemite

@Yosemite, as the car rocketed backwards on its own down a steep incline after I released the park brake the thought of placing both half shafts in the trunk earlier suddenly re-entered my mind…

To add insult to injury, as I stumbled backwards out of the way the left front tire rolled over my sneaker clad foot which did not help a previously broken foot any…

:blush:

That is a good story @Ok4450. Funny how we make mistakes when we are not thinking.

I know I did something stupid this summer. I had replaced a Alternator and put the serpentine belt back on before starting it. Started it and when I glanced at the gauge it wasn’t charging at all. Removed the belt again and was removing the Alternator bolts when I noticed that I had never plugged the alternator into the harness. I guess I figured the electricity would just jump to the right terminal.

Yosemite

Yosemite When I was a teenager my parents bought a new 1967 Chevy. I was driving it when the alternator light came on. I parked, shut it down, and popped the hood. The belt was tight. I then noticed the dangling alternator plug! The spring clips were not broken and when I pushed it into the socket it had a satisfying click and could not be pulled out. The car was less than 6 months old and no repairs had been done. The plug had obviously been pushed in far enough to function but not lock at the factory and finally just fell out.