Clear Coat Conspiracy!

To throw another point about how stupid this is.

What happens when you use a Wax that’s WATER BASED???

Easy. That’s An Example Of An “In Your Face” Conspiracy.
Talk About Conspiracies, How About Shoe Laces ? They Get You To Buy Them And They’ve Got The $%#^ Things “Programmed” To Break After Five Or Six Years !

Then you have to buy more.

:wink:
CSA

I think I must have disturbed either employees or executives of wax makers.

JDkilgore, think about what you are saying. What are the odds that everyone here, people from all over the US, and some from outside the US, all have a conflict of interest regarding the maintenance of car paint? Seriously, think about it for a minute.

People with conspiracy theories like this already come off as being from the tin foil hat brigade, but now you suggest we are all somehow related to the car wax industry? You just received a promotion from the tin foil hat brigade to the padded room club. Make sure you keep a close eye out for the nice young men in the clean white coats who’re coming to take you away.

Just some food for thought but I wonder if any research on this issue (bogus as it is in my opinion) was done in NASA’s backyard, which is Houston, TX?

Rust is a bit of an issue around there due to their proximity to the Gulf of Mexico and storm driven salt water…

–Man couldn’t fly—until Wilbur and Orville
–The world was flat—until Columbus
–Gravity was unknown—until Sir Isaac Newton

Triple BS.
Man flew before the Wright Brothers. Just not powered flight.
Almost everyone knew the world was round even before Columbus.
Did things just float around before Newton?

I spent 24 years in the USAF as an aircraft crew chief. Never saw the video of which you speak. I always suspected that fools worked in maintenance control.

Due to EPA regulations, chemical companies have been trying different products with mixed results.

Remember the vehicles produced in the 80’s? Both paint and clear coats could peel off. Several car manufactures offered free paint jobs to vehicle owners that experienced this problem.

i stand corrected on the Carnauba wax

“The science of the issue is in what is known as an anode.”

An anode needs a cathode or the circuit is incomplete. If the circuit is incomplete, the oxidation/reduction operation will not occur. There would have to be holes in the paint for this to occur. But then, the wax would protect the steel through the pinholes for water in the environment.

–Man couldn’t fly—until Wilbur and Orville

WRONG man was flying LONG before Wilbur and Orville We were flying since November 21, 1783. The French brothers Joseph Michel and Jacques Montgolfier developed a hot air balloon made out of silk. They successfully launched the balloon with two people onboard, and the balloon gained an altitude of over 5,000 feet and traveled over a mile.

We KNEW for a fact that heavier was possible LONG before Wilbur and Orville

"–The world was flat—until Columbus "

WRONG By the Middle Ages, there was widespread belief among the educated - at the very least - that the earth was a globe. It was around 4 BC that Greek thinkers began to not only realise the earth was a globe, but calculated ? sometimes very closely ? the precise dimensions of our planet.

"–Gravity was unknown—until Sir Isaac Newton "

WRONG Sir Isaac Newton develop the mathematics to define how gravity acts on an object, he reference to Kepler’s laws of planetary motion. He postulate of an invisible force able to act over vast distances, but EVERYONE knew if you dropped something it fell down, they didn’t have a name for it but they observed it every day.

Even if you managed to trap a tiny amount of water in a paint pit that went to the metal, which the wax would displace when you applied it, that very thin layer of wax won’t stop water or water vapor from escaping, wax resistant to water, resistant to vapor transmission, it doesn’t stop it it just slows it down.

My opinions are subject to change with new facts.

Do you notice how the OP has not responded to most of the requests for clarification?

I, for one, asked him to explain the contradiction between his two differing statements advising that “paint not be waxed until 6 months had passed” and “paint should not be waxed after 6 months”. If that is not a contradiction, then I don’t know what a contradiction is.

As many of us have surmised, the OP is probably busy consulting with the Reynolds Wrap folks regarding the style of his new hat.

I can’t believe your post stayed up this long, given some of the lame censorship the cyber-cops around here use.

Don’t forget the third contradictory statement.

That started in the 70’s. My brother owned a 77 Aspen…I think the second day he owned it…the hood started pealing…By the time he drove it back to the dealer…the entire hood was bare metal.

Just for sake of argument, if you drive your car at 160mph through a sand storm then wash and wax it, the wax could seal water into microscopic pits that go through to the base metal causing corrosion. The answer of course would be to buy a DeLorean, no paint, no wax and it would match the kitchen.