My mpg have changed overnight from 35-36 to 30. I currently have 180,000 miles and I’ve mostly taken this car to the dealership for repairs and regular maintenance. I’m hoping to get this car to survive to 250,000 miles.
Here is a step by step of my situation.
- July 1st, I change all 4 tires to the same brand and model I purchased a few years back. Mileage magically drops to 30 miles per gallon.
- August 1st, I complain to Costco and they replace all 4 tires. Mpg issue persists.
- I need regular maintenance from Honda so I go in and mention my car has been sputtering infrequently up hills, on a scale of 1 - 10 I rate the sputtering a 2 or 3. I can almost here like liquid slurping around in the engine.
- Dealer says I shouldn’t wait till 200K miles to put in the new spark plugs, so they perform a Valve Adjustment and replace the spark plugs, as well as do a fuel induction (add additive, clean system).
- They do the job and I’m still getting 29mpg…
- next step?
At this point my dad is telling me it might be the coils. We checked the computer and there are no error codes.
Should i spend money on the coils? Is it just the tires from Costco are crap? I want my 5 - 6 mpg back. I’ve been calculating how many miles I’m losing a tank and its a lot. I drive about 300 miles a week.
I hope you can help!