Chrysler Lebaron power steering just stopped

I have a 1993 Chrysler Lebaron and the power steering on it just stopped working today. It was low on power steering fluid and I replaced the fluid but it still doesn’t work. I can’t find anything related on the Internet. Please help I don’t have the money to take it to a mechanic.

Have you checked to make sure that the belt driving the PS pump is still present and is properly tensioned?

Have you noticed any leaks under the car?

What types of mechanical work have you done on cars?
If you need to replace the PS pump, are you up to the task?

I had an old Subaru and had to replace just about everything on it. If I don’t know how to do it my dad can usually figure it out with instructions.

I haven’t seen any leaks under the car. The only thing out of the ordinary is that whenever you go over bumps or turn it has a soft rattling noise like somethings lose under the front axel.

Where is the ps pump located?

I suggest registering with the Autozone webpage at www.autozone.com Once you are logged in you can add your car and an online repair guide is available for the 4 and 6 cyl versions. For example, here is the PS pump location for the 4 cylinder engine.

Ed B.

Nickysuki wrote:
The only thing out of the ordinary is that whenever you go over bumps or turn it has a soft rattling noise like somethings lose under the front axel.

Some sounds from the front suspension can be safety issues, possibly even serious ones. You really need to figure out what’s making this noise as soon as possible.

I looked inside the hood and the serpentine belt is completely lose. Thanks for the diagram ebd 1962.