Chevy Blazer lights flickering and high pitched whine

lights
batteries
alternators
blazer

Hey all, I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer coupe (not 4x4) that started some issues on my way to work this morning. About 10 minutes into the drive, the instrument panel lights started flickering and I could hear a whine coming from the car that increased/decreased in pitch relative to acceleration/deceleration. Also, my RIGHT blinker “blinks” erratically when used. I did some searches and read that it possibly might be the alternator, but that can’t be b/c last week I got an oil change and had them check out all the fluids, mechanics, and electronics of the car. Everything checked out okay.

Now a few weeks ago I had my car off for a about 3 days and when I got back the battery was dead when I tried to turn it on. After a jump she was good to go. This morning I checked and the battery reads at 14 volts (although it does wobble a bit with the light flickering).

Any help would be much appreciated.

The alternator is the first thing I’d check. Just because it was OK last week doesn’t mean it can’t fail today.

I suggest you have the battery and the charging system tested. Most parts stores will do the testing free.