Chevrolet Vault

What happens to the range of 40 miles, if you got the heat on in winter or AC in summer?

Or did I make a joke, suggesting the vehicle even HAS these ?

:}

It is not an all electric car, it is a hybrid.

That number is totally bogus. It is true, in that GM can actually measure that mileage under given conditions, but without explaining exactly what those conditions are and explaining that much of the time it will be running exclusively on battery power and explaining that battery power is NOT free, it is a lie in my book.

I could easily and equally honestly say, it will have infinite mileage.

The number’s based off a draft EPA method, supposedly.

I agree that numbers like this are so speculative that they don’t really have much meaning.

I did a similar thing on a forum where I questioned if it used more energy to bicycle vs. ride my 250 Nighthawk. First, I compared energy densities, and concluded that I got 520(I think) “MPG” bicycling…if only I could eat gas. I then cooked up some numbers regarding energy consumed to produce food, and concluded that my 70 MPG hoda was better, assuming…that I ate out/ate meat, and that if I had not bicycled, I’d have cut down caloric intake vs. just get fat, etc…

So, my suspicion is that GM is affording themselves every benefit of doubt in calculating 230. That’s not to say that it’s (strictly speaking) false, just that 230 only happens when the generous assumptions are met.

Maybe so, but almost no other car can claim anything close. Even if I got 100 MPG commuting instead of the 28 I get now, it would be a tremendous improvement.