Check engine light again

my check engine light is back on and I’m told it’s 154 and 1153 code again. this is the same code I have been getting for two years and four gargages. I have have the following installed, three O2 sensors, spark plugs, plug wires, cap, gas filter, air cleaner,and other ign. parts. where do I go now ???

What the make, model and year of your car is would help immensly.

And what those code mean might help too…

Are those codes really P0154 and P1153 ???

Make model and year of car and a history of any problems you may have had would also be helpful.

P0154 – O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 2 Sensor 1) [My understanding is that this means that the O2 sensor has had sufficient time to warm up and isn’t showing a reasonable voltage. O2 sensors don’t produce reasonable readings when they are cold.]

P1153 is a manufacturer specific enhanced code:
P1153 – O2 Sensor Heater Circuit High Voltage (Bank 2 Sensor 1) (BMW)
P1153 – Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) insufficient switching bank 2 sensor 1 (Front Bank)
P1153 – A/F Sensor Circuit Response (Bank 2 Sensor 1) (Toyota) [I’m 97% sure that the Air/Fuel sensor is a conventional O2 sensor. No, I don’t know why Toyota uses a different nomenclature.]

( P0153 – O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 2 Sensor 1) [This is the code from which the manufacturer specific P1153 codes are presumably derived]

=====

Two unusual things here. First is the presence of an enhanced code (P1153). the second is that these are Bank 2 codes. Most cars have two O2 sensors – one before the Catalytic Converter and one after. I think that these are usually called Bank 1 Sensors 1 and 2. So, does your vehicle even have a bank2 O2 sensor?

It doesn’t sound like a fourth O2 sensor replacement is likely to fix the problem.

If no one here has a helpful suggestion, I’d try searching the Internet for forums that specialize in whatever kind of vehicle you have. Maybe someone there has seen and resolved your problem.

Some cars have dual exhaust with two catalytic converters. Each catalytic converter will have an o2 sensor before and one after the converter. For example on a v6 bank 1 usually corresponds to the side which contains cylinder 1 and bank 2 would be the exhaust from the other side.

i had the same codes on my car found a website that said to clean the throttle body and mass air flow sensor and check for bad vacuum hoses.i cleaned the throttle body which was horribly dirty cleaned the mass air flow sensor and changed a couple of dryrotted vacuum hoses.and bam the codes were gone and never came back.it’s not always the o2 sensor even though it’s thowing a code for the o2 sensor.

I agree with the mass air flow sensor. I had error codes like yours and replaced everything it said to and the light would come back. I hunted on ebay and found a used mass air flow for $25 and tried it out, worked great and no more check engine.