Cheap mid-life crisis convertible

Those are pretty cute little convertibles, I’m not sure of the price, but I think they are close to $30K. I still don’t think you will get 5 adults in one.

Get a Mustang.

Nah, not THAT expensive. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965-ELDORADO-CONVERTIBLE-ELVIS-PRESLEY_W0QQitemZ160138980475QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6147QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

10k seems to be the average of those years.

Also, the definition of cheap varies from person to person. One might think anything under 5k is cheap, another might think 20k is cheap.

True, cheap is relative, but $10K for a 30-40 year old buggy for a daily driver when a new econobox is around $13K doesn’t seem to fit the definition.

But I hafta tell ya, a buddy just bought a '76 Eldo convertible, low in excellent condition ($9500), and that car is a dream. It’s not a daily driver, though, and with all that tonnage being pulled around by that 501CI engine and gas at $3/gal it’s just as well.

• mountainbike

Get a Mustang.

About 1968 would be nice, but it wouldn’t be too cheap and it won’t hold 5 adults. The newer ones, not so much.

04 mustang, it has all that

no, no please stay away from the cavalier and sunfire (so ugly) get a 00-04 mustang, cheap, easy to find, convertable, good gas mileage, lots of addons and options, fun to drive, and if you can, get a gt

We just bought a 1994 Cutlass Supreme. $3900. 71k miles. black/black convertible. mag wheels, leather bucket seats (4 seater/2 door), DOHC, 3.4 liter engine…SWEET CAR!!! It gets ~ 21mpg, which is ok, since it is our haul mom to grocery shop car. It came up during many, many searches on kbb, cars.com, edmunds & various other car sites. Spouse works 3rd shift, so while I’m sleeping, he’s online. We weren’t looking for a convertible, just a car I can ride in. If I couldn’t sit in it, we wouldn’t have bought it.(our other car is a Nissan Sentra)
When we told the kids we bought a 1994 Olds, the 25 year old daughter had one question: Is it all one color? & the 21 year old son lectured us about not buying a ‘sensible’ car.
Keep looking…
It won’t be garaged in the winter. It will be driven year 'round. I don’t care if it is cold…that’s what they make car heaters for, right?