Best of Deals Car Reviews Repair Shops Cars A-Z Radio Show

Changing state registration

I recently (in the past week) registered a vehicle in Connecticut and have since closed on a house in Florida. if I move the registration to FL do I need to pay taxes again on the vehicle?

I’d guess not. It depends on Florida law. You should look at the Florida DMV web site to see what they say. You already registered the car in CT, and this should be just like moving with a 5 year old car.

Is the internet great or What :question:

1 Like

You get a credit for the state portion of the sales tax paid in Connecticut,