Changed fuel pump and now it wont start

I did notice the blue rubber at the bottom of the pump inside of the assembly is not tight and I dropped the tank and opened the assembly and I can hear a hissing noise. Im not sure if that’s the pump pressurizing or what. Im confused

Is the check valve in the pump or on assembly?

If your Rodeo has the 4.3 L engine, the minimum fuel pressure is 60 PSI.

Tester

@seagates5 To be honest with you I’m not exactly sure where the check valve is on the assembly. I’ve never dissected an intank fuel pump.

Also, just want to mention that a leaking diaphragm is not the only way a pressure regulator can fail. As I mentioned in my first post there could be a forward leak in the regulator. This would allow the pressure to bleed down through the return line to the tank as soon as the fuel pump shuts off.

Finally got it replaced and fix there was a leak in the assembly hose that I had problems finding. Now the pump is holding pressure but still no start. I even tried with starting fluid with no luck

If it isn’t even trying to fire on the starting fluid, you either have no spark or the engine has somehow jumped time. Does it at least fire for a second when starting fluid is used?

Check on Ford vehicles, there is a fuel reset button.