Certification fraud?

Honda certification is supposed to increase the original warranty by one year if still in effect or if expired is warrantied for one year. They claim to do a 150 pt inspection. Obviously they were lax as far as a condition causing an odor. I hope they weren’t lax as for mechanical functions.
http://automobiles.honda.com/certified-used/

After reading the above posts…, simplify your life. Buy new. The peace of mind, even with a lower price category, a new car guarantee, no wondering what is wrong that has not yet showed up and certainly no stink in the trunk is worth a few extra bucks.

Road and Track put the price on the 2010 model of the same 760Li a bit higher, give me a minute to go through my checkbook and see just what amount I filled in.

The reason I’m looking for pre owned is I live in New York City and park on the street. With people banging into you parking and kids playing ball, etc. I new car will depreciate real fast.

I have an older Honda CRX that has a mildew smell. It has never been flooded.

Honda is the first manufacturer to my knowledge that had a mildew fighting aerosol spray applied to the cabin fresh air vents. Mildew develops in the air conditioning housing.

I work on cars, and alot of Hondas have this mildew smell.

German cars used to develop an unusual odor, especially Mercedes ,due to the horse hair used in the seat stuffing.

Cleaned wet carpet that is not allowed to dry properly would also be a culprit, don’t assume the salesman is lying.

All brake rotors rust where the brake pad does not contact it or from sitting after a washing.New cars develop rust on rotors.

Couple things wrong with you math. You can’t compare the price of a 2011 to a 2008 and say look how much it’s depreciated. You have to compare what that vehicle cost in 2008…NOT what a new one costs today.

Most if not ALL more expensive cars will drop that much over 3 years.
Lets take Cadillac… Buy a 2008 Cadillac new for $70k…today it’s worth about $25. That’s almost a 75% REDUCTION in price.

I agree. My '05 Honda had a leak and we paid someone to check it out- didn’t find it and we were basically ripped off as we paid for the service. My car has a vernal pool in the back and the trunk has some mold. Had to be the sunroof? Anyway, I would pass.

Since the OP posted his/her question more than 10 years ago, more than likely either he/she passed on the purchase, or has already gotten rid of a car that would now be13 years old.
:thinking:

Look to the top right of the posts and you can see when the thread was started . Also if the date of the last post reads like this Apr '11 that means April of 2011 .

1 Like

whoops! will do this in future.

It’s confusing. Too bad they can’t post the date as ‘April 2011’.

3 Likes