Central locking system malfunctioning

Why is my Toyota Camry 2002 model central locking system going off and on, on its own even when I am driving the car?

I’d guess it is either a wiring fault shorting out as the car hits bumps or it is haunted and needs an exorcist.

Take it to a good local mechanic. Look for one specializing in electrical issues. If they can’t fix it, contact a priest.

3 Likes

See if any buttons are sticking, either on the fob or door.

1 Like

Look at the driver’s door hinge area. Do you see a bevy of wires going from the door into the car through some rubber grommets there? If so, inspect the wires carefully for signs of damaged insulation. I expect that’s where the problem resides. Various panels may have to be removed to find the actual culprit. Any good mechanic with auto-electric diagnosis & repair expertise will likely have no trouble figuring this out.

3 Likes

It’s possible that there’s a glitch in your central locking system or a wonky connection causing it to act all funky. I’d suggest taking it to a trusted mechanic

1 Like

@brownbreadcoffeecake … just curious, wouldn’t your reply be generally applicable to most any question asked by posters here?

2 Likes

I have read all that has been said here and i am gonna give a try to some of this wonderful ideas.

1 Like