Cars for teens

Can One Of Your Cars Be Handed Down And You Get The “New” Car?

For both our children, we saw the driving thing coming and intentionally planned this move. We put them in large, safe, reliable cars.

Here’s another thing. My kids get substantial discounts from my insurer. One discount is allowed after having the teen view a video, do some reading and keep a log during their early driving experience that makes them reflect on and be aware of safe driving practices.

Another discount is for “good grades” at school. That discount continues to age 25. These are not fake discounts! I actually cannot believe how inexspensive insuring teens can be and I always carry full coverage with higher than normal liability, collision, comprehensive, road service, uninsured, and underinsured coverage. However, the kid has to be fairly mature and responsible and that’s just what the insurance company is looking for.

Get a car that protect’s your most valuable asset, your child. Get enough liabilty insurance to protect the rest of all your assets.

Check with your insurance company about discounts and adequate coverage.

CSA

If you are looking at Chevy Malibus, beware of the '97-'03 models.
In addtion to only so-so reliability, their passengers fare VERY badly in the event of a collision.

The newer Malibus are definitely worth looking at, but the '97-'03 models should be avoided.