Car won't start

ok, its a 2003 nissan sentra ser.

I noticed for a the past few weeks the car felt like it was stalling a little bit. There was a slight pause in the engine every now and then. (that part may have been unrelated).

But today it was hot and I parked the car and was listening to the radio with the car off. When I went to turn the car back on it didn’t turn over.

I got a jump and the car started again, i drove it home but right as I pulled into the driveway it stalled out. I again can’t get it to turn over. If I turn on the interior light and radio they work, when I turn the key they dim, but the car doesn’t turn over (or do anything like chug) when I stop turning the key the lights and radio are off.

So I am assuming its the alternator. Or the electrical system. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Sounds like your alternator to me.
~Michael

Have your alternator and battery tested, it’s probably one of those.

Thanks, yeah alternator seems the most likely. I have a feeling it might just be the wires, though unfortunately I don’t know a mechanic I trust to not try to sell me an alternator even if its just wires. And I don’t have the time or a great knowledge of cars to test it myself.

What part of the country are you located in? It is possible someone on these boards could recommend a mechanic in your area, or you could check from the home page of this site. I do believe it is the alternator though.
~Michael